Commitment to Clients
1. To serve clients with integrity, competence, independence, objectivity, and professionalism.
2. To mutually establish with client’s realistic expectations of the benefits and results of our services.
3. To only accept assignments for which possess the requisite experience and competence to perform and will only assign staff or engage colleagues with the knowledge and expertise needed to serve our clients effectively.
4. Before accepting any engagement, it shall be ensured that the work with clients to establish a mutual understanding of the objectives, scope, work plan, and fee arrangements are met.
5. To treat appropriately all confidential client information that is not public knowledge, take reasonable steps to prevent it from access by unauthorized people, and will not take advantage of proprietary or privileged information, either for use by ourselves, the client’s firm, or another client, without the client’s permission.
6. To avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of such and will immediately disclose to the client circumstances or interests that it may influence the judgment or objectivity.
7. To offer to withdraw from a consulting assignment when the objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
8. To refrain from inviting an employee of an active or inactive client to consider alternative employment without prior discussion with the client.
Commitment to the Public and the Profession
9. If within the scope of engagement, the consultant will report to appropriate authorities within or external to the client organization any occurrences of malfeasance, dangerous behavior, or illegal activities.
10. To respect the rights of consulting colleagues and consulting firms and will not use their proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
11. To represent the profession with integrity and professionalism in relations with the clients, colleagues, and the general public.
12. To not advertise services in a deceptive manner nor misrepresent or denigrate individual consulting practitioners, consulting firms, or the consulting profession.
13. If the consultant perceives a violation of the Code, he/she will report it to the IMC Thailand and will promote adherence to the Code by other member consultants working on behalf.
14. Not to use the certification in such a manner as to bring IMCT into disrepute, and not to make any statement regarding the certification which IMCT considers misleading or unauthorized.
15. to discontinue the use of all claims to certification that contain any reference to IMCT or certification upon suspension or withdrawal of certification, and to return any certificates issued by IMCT.
Commitment to Fiscal Integrity
16. To agree in advance with a client on the basis for fees and expenses and will charge fees that are reasonable and commensurate with the services delivered and the responsibility accepted.
17. To not accept commissions, remuneration, or other benefits from a third party in connection with the recommendations to a client without that client’s prior knowledge and consent, and disclose in advance any financial interests in goods or services that form part of such recommendations.